23 January, 2010

You Crafty Thing

I've got the bug. It's so infectious that it's a miracle I lasted this long. But now I've got it and I've got it bad.

I'm obsessed with all things crafty! Knitting, sewing, quilting, crochet...you name it, I want to learn to do it!

I'm a complete novice and I am rather lacking in natural ability but I do make up for this with enthusiasm. There is something so comforting about settling down on the sofa with a cup of peppermint tea and big pile of knitting and sewing books. Although I'm unlikely to ever make even half the patterns I look at, I find them mesmerising.

The picture I've posted here is of my latest stash. Purchased today at 2 local haberdasheries (this is one of the biggest benefits of living smack bang in the middle of a city with all its noise and crowds...you're never more than half an hour away from anything you could possibly need or want).

I'm going to try my hand at a scarf for Hubby. I have a baby blanket currently on the go, but as my knitting confidence grows, I'm keen to get started on some new projects. Eventually, I'd like to learn how to make a whole range of items, from skirts and dresses to patchwork quilts and tea cosies.

In the meantime, I'll bide my time, I'll keep practising and I'll keep on devouring all the patterns and books I can get my grubby mitts on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is very fun and satisfying to knit. I love it. I have just learned in the last year or so.
And the desire to knit just grows. I enjoy all things that go with home. I always have a project with me, and lately I take cotton yarn with me, where ever I need to go, and am making dish cloths. I only like to use handknit dish cloths. Handknits are a true luxury. Your sister looks like a fabulous knitter, her gloves are pretty.