20 January, 2010

The First Post

This is a secret diary. Funny that a secret diary should be posted on the internet. But this one is anonymous. Or at least as anonymous as I can make it.

For several years now I have had what you could call a rather drastic change of heart. Although raised in a strongly devout Catholic family, I was educated to university standard and I had, until recently, been engaged in a competitive, well-respected area of work.

To all but those few people closest to me, it would appear I have done everything according to the rule book. Degree - check. Good job - check. Boyfriends - check. Pubs, dating, city breaks, dinner parties, cocktails - check check check. Little of it made me as happy as I am now.

I turned my back on it, for the most part and I came home. I have given up the income, the independence, the lack of responsibility for anyone but myself and have thrown myself head first into what I always knew I really wanted: Marriage, Children and A Home Of My Very Own.

'Martha's Secret Vineyard' is just what it says. It is my beautiful, private retreat from the world and all it's stresses, expectations and disappointments.

No comments: