31 January, 2010

Creative Queen Bee

My little sister is my Creative Queen Bee. She is so very talented in so many areas that I wish I were more so. Knitting, crochet, quilting, baking, cooking...she can do it all and with aplomb. To say nothing of her academic achievements, her wonderfully creative frugal lifestyle and her community work. She's a huge inspiration to me.


And she is currently embarking on an epic glove making journey...



This picture is of a pair that she has made for herself...and they're so pretty! Next up, a pair of fingerless gloves that she is currently making for a loved one.

Although I imagine double pointed knitting is a long way off for me, she is a very generous tutor and is always willing to sit and help me with whatever craftiness I am trying to master.

How lucky I am to have her as my sister and my friend!

3 comments:

zetor said...

Such talent, I am very jealous!

Bethany Hudson said...

Those are gorgeous! Can she teach an online class???

Mary M said...

Thanks so much for the comments! She is indeed so talented. I shall have to ask her if she fancies tutoring anyone other than me!