23 February, 2010

Trying Times

Martha is going through a difficult phase at the moment. I'm almost certain she's teething...and it's making her really grouchy!

Screaming fits in the evening, fussiness during the day, a desperate urge to have something in her mouth constantly, a reluctance to be put down...ever and frequent night-wakings. It's been a very trying few days. And it is so easy when things are like this to let the frustration overcome me and really lose my temper. So it helps me to remember....

It's all worth it. That big gummy grin she gives me every morning when we've just woken up. That high pitched squeal of a laugh she emits when I tickle her tummy. The way she looks at her Daddy when he comes home every day. She is my greatest blessing and God's greatest gift.

I love being her mother.

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate".

Psalm 127: 3-5

No comments: