18 March, 2010

Sugar Rush

Since we have relatives arriving tomorrow, I've had a bit of a manic week preparing for this weekend. Baking every day, lots of extra cleaning...it's been a bit tiring to say the least. In my over-ambition, I had even planned to take my cat Ginger to the vets for a de-flea and grooming session, until Hubby pointed out that this just might be a bit O.T.T. (In my defence, he is long-haired and very fond of muddy puddles...the cat that is, not Hubby!)

Still, the last cake is now in the oven and the place is looking ready for guests...which means tomorrow we can finally break out all the sugary treats hidden away in my cake tins!

Including these...an old favourite of mine that have come in really handy since I'm on a no chocolate diet for Lent. I need my sugar fix from time to time and these are just the ticket!

Banana Flapjack Recipe

80g brown sugar
100g butter
275g rolled oats
4 tbsp golden syrup
1 banana, very ripe

1. Over a low heat, melt the butter in a large saucepan.
2. Add the sugar and the golden syrup and stir well.
3. Mix in the oats and stir thoroughly.
4. Mash the banana and add, stirring well until the banana covers all of the mixture.
5. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 220c for about 10 minutes or until the mixture starts to turn golden brown.

3 comments:

zetor said...

What time is tea?

Mary M said...

lol...10am, 2pm, 5pm...I could go on!

See, I'm hoping certain other family members reading might be inclined to make the long trip down again... ;-)

Unknown said...

Those look scrumptious! Ah, and that's one thing I miss about England: tea time. In my little dorm room they even had a hot water heater, a mug, and tea bags. Why isn't a nice sit-down during the day as important for us Americans?? *sigh*