03 March, 2010

English Senorita!


I have a real passion for cooking. I'm no Martha Stewart or Delia Smith, but what I lack in skill, I try to make up for with enthusiasm. I am loath to be a slave to cook books and other people's way of doing things, so where I can, I make up my own recipes from scratch.

As a result, dinner time in our house is often an eccentric experience, but fun and usually tasty all the same.

Last night was fajita night. I don't make my own tortillas (yet!) but I have come up with a little recipe for fajita marinade which turned out really well!




Chicken Fajita Recipe
: Serves 2-3

200g chicken, diced
2 bell peppers, cut into strips
1 onion, finely chopped

Marinade Ingredients:
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tspbs paprika
1 tspb cumin
1/2 tspb cayenne pepper
1 tspb clear set honey
1 tspb brown sugar
2 tsbps olive oil
juice of 1 lemon

1. In a large frying pan, heat the chicken, onion and peppers in a little olive oil.
2. When chicken is nearly cooked, add the marinade ingredients and stir until all the chicken and peppers are evenly coated.
3. Add a little hot water to keep the chicken moist and then cover and leave to cook on a low heat for about 15 minutes.
4. Once the chicken is thoroughly cooked, it is ready to be served!

Best served with corn or flour tortillas, spicy salsa and soured cream.

2 comments:

Hubby said...

I can confirm this is indeed rather tasty! I love the way my wife is reluctant to use anything ready prepared and we all reap the benefits of not being full of salt and food additives! She's a real star ...
X x

Mary M said...

Oh, you are sweet to entertain my amateurish efforts!

ily xxx